Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Louisiana Covid Update - Day 65

On this, the 65th day of the Covid shutdown, Belle and I went out to plunder around.  We made a wine run, and searched for a place to eat, stopped at a sub shop who let us use a table.

This is the first time since the Covid lockdown that we've been able to eat out.
The reason we were hungry, is because we had been in a car dealership.  Yeah, she bought a new ride yesterday, a red Nissan Murano.  Today was my turn, and I opted for a new Honda Odyssey.  In all the years I have been driving vehicles, I've never bought a new car for myself.  I try to keep my gal in a good ride, but I've always driven used cars or trucks.  Today, I sprang for Brand New.

It doesn't have all the bells and whistles, but it has a lot of bells and whistles.  With the summer season of Fast Draw coming up, I'm sure we'll give it a workout.

So, let's look at the numbers.

Today's Covid-load count is 35,316.  That's 278, which can be explained by the number of tests being performed, now over 285,000.
Fatalities are listed at 2485, just 27 higher than yesterday.
The hospital census is at 931, with 110 on ventilators. Both of these numbers are a reduction from yesterday.

It's raining outside, with thunder-bumpers everywhere.  Belle and I are in for the day, with Happy Hour pending for later today.

1 comment:

DaveS said...

Congratulations to both of you on the new wheels - may they serve you well and be trouble free for many years.