Sunday, May 10, 2020

Louisiana Covid Update - Day 55

It's Mothers Day, and I've talked with my Mama today.  Belle ad I drove to Jena for a family gathering.  Belle's mother is will be 99 years old in July, and we all gathered at her house for a cooking and a visiting.

Being all Louisiana residents from across the state (Pineville, Jena, Baton Rouge and New Roads), there was a variety of opinion about what directions our petty tyrant governor might take when he makes his announcement tomorrow.

But, we'll know within 24 hours.  Let's look at the numbers.

Today's case count is 31,600, an increase of  183 since yesterday.
Fatalities today total 2213, or 19 more than yesterday.
The hospital census is at 1324, down 9 from yesterday.  The vent count is down as well, to 161,

My home parish of Rapides is showing a case count of 362.   We lost another resident yesterday, with the fatality count at 13.  Rapides parish disease load is still less than 1/3rd of 1 percent of the population of the parish.

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Happy Mother's Day to all the ladies!

robert orians said...

This whole lockdown stuff is getting old . Like me . If I get the Rona and die it was all in G-ds timing . Don't lock up my Great Grand Children because I'm old !