Friday, August 09, 2019

Enchiladas

I've been cooking lunch lately for the two teenaged boys in the house, and I had about run out of menu ideas, so I asked grandson Quinton what he might like.
"Enchiladas".

Now, I've never cooked enchiladas, so I went to Btty Crocker and found an easy enchilada recipe.  It looked easy enough, so I went to the grocers and got the stuff I needed.  I substituted green chilis for the green onions to give it a little kick, and I used a rotisserie chicken from the store.  And I used extra cheese that was hiding in the fridge, because.... cheese.


I think that they turned out pretty good for the first go-round.  I'll have to start experimenting so I don't have to rely on cans, but in the meantime, this works.

I always "cook big" for lunnch and put the rest away for the evening.  The boys can nuke whatever they like for supper.

1 comment:

The Old Sarge said...

"I substituted green chiles for the green onions"

FIFY

Kudos for using chiles instead of that wimpy stuff. But, what kind of chiles did you use? Hot? Medium? Mild?