Tuesday, August 07, 2018

The Blind Hog

There's an old country adage that a bling hog finds an acorn once in a while.

I bought some tickets to a raffle, this past May.  I knew that the raffle was for a good cause, so I wrote the check and forgot about it.

The Powder Horn Ranch Regulators, a CFDA club out of South Dakota is celebrating their 15th year and were raffling an engraved Ruger New Vaquero to celebrate.

I got the call Saturday.  I won the darned thing.  I don't have it in hand yet, but I have some pictures.


Of course, you can click to enlarge, and they are fairly big files. 

That's the right side of the barrel.  The engraving was done by a CFDA shooter out of Wisconsin, who goes by the alias of Grey Ghost.   He does very nice work.


That's the right side of the frame.  It looks like very nice engraving, indeed.

I should take possession of the revolver on Saturday.  I can't wait to see it and I'll see if I can make some better pictures.

It seems that even a blind hog finds an acorn, occasionally.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is very cool - glad to hear someone deserving won it.