Sunday, August 12, 2018

Rain

Rain tonight.  That's not out o the ordinary, although it is the new normal.  So far, it has rained every day in August, which is decidedly weird for Louisiana.  Normally by now we're i the dry season, but this month has been nothing, if not wet.

Doing laundry on Sunday afternoon, Belle informs me that the dryer is out.  It's not heating, only blowing cool air.  Which ain't good.  The dryer is fourteen (14) years old, so I guess it has served honorably.  A quick search of parts and some research at YouTube tells me that replacing a heating element isn't that big a deal.  I'll stop by Appliance Pats on the way home tomorrow and pick up a replacement element.

Technology makes it easier to do these things.  I have the model and serial number in a photo on my cell phone, and YouTube will teach a fellow just about anything.  I bet you could learn how to do an emergency appendectomy if you searched long enough on YouTube.

There is nothing I can do about it, one way or the other, so I've defaulted to whiskey.  I'll go outside, sip my whiskey and watch it rain.

3 comments:

Jonathan H said...

What kind of whiskey did you go for? Was it cheap or high end?

mostly cajun said...

I did some appliance repair as a sideline years ago. Some dryers are easier than others. A mechanically adept person can do it wiht reasonable expectation of success.

jon spencer said...

On most older dryers, most everything is fairly easy to replace.
And if you need a part that is not available locally, use https://www.repairclinic.com
I have used them for years.
They also have videos on how to repair and / or replace the parts.
Fair prices too.