Thursday, April 19, 2018

Supper

Belle is at the funeral home, to pay respects to a lady she once worked with, so I'm on my own hook for supper.

The doctor has me on a no-white-stuff diet, and I"m trying to be a good boy, so on the way home this afternoon, I stopped at the grocers, got a pound of good sausage, some frozen mixed veggies, and some shredded cabbage (cole slaw mix).

I got home, and piddled in the shop for an hour or so, then came inside to concoct a meal.

I cut up half of the pound of sausage into rounds, then put them in a black skillet and browned them.

Dropped in a handful of mixed veggies and let that saute in the fat from the sausage.  Then I put in half the bag of  cabbage, and added water to let it simmer for about 10 minutes.


A little salt and pepper to taste, and it's mighty fine.

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

And pretty healthy too! :-)