Sunday, April 29, 2018

Brisket

It's been a couple of years since I cooked a brisket, and I had a hankering for some good, fatty, smoked meat.  Belle didn't object, because she can relax while the smoker does the work.  The rub, you ask?  Nothing but salt and pepper.  That is all that brisket needs.

Brisket is a meat that is best cooked low and slow.  225F for ten or twelve hours, then trim it and put it in a pan on a low, smokey fire until the guests arrive.

So, last night I pt it on a low fire and went to bed.  My fire is propane, so once the temperature is st, I don't have to tend it.  This morning, I took it off, let it cool, trimmed and sliced it, then put it back over the fire.


Brisket on top, beans below.  It will sit there till we're ready to eat and then we'll get the 'tater salad out of the fridge.  Today is Sunday and we're kicking back on the patio.

No comments: