Sunday, April 29, 2018

Craft Holsters

A week or so ago, I got an unsolicited email in my inbox.  Normally, I spam these things, but the subject line said "holster", so I opened it.

It was an email from Luke at Craft Holsters.  They were hitting gun blogs and asked me if I'd like a sample holster.  Well, yeah, I always like free stuff, so I told them I was looking for a pancake-style holster fora 1911.  Right hand, brown, thumb snap.  Here is the link to the model.  If you'd like to see all the holsters they make for the 1911, click here.

In just a few days, it showed up in the mail.  Very nice holster.  The leather seems to be good, veg-tanned leather, the color is uniform, and the stitching is very nice.


Very nice indeed.  If fit the old warhorse perfectly.  Luke told me that they do some professionalization if the customer wants it.  A monogram, for example, is available.

If you are in the market for some nice leather at a reasonable price, click on the link, and see what they have available.  They have a feature where you can search by make and model.

Sadly, I couldn't find any rigs for Cowboy Fast Draw.  There are only a handful of holster makers  that cater to our game (Kens, Reddog, Lazy JD, Crease N' Corral,  Mernickle, and El Paso Saddlery come to mind), and I'm always in the market for another cowboy rig.  But, if you're looking for a holster for mainstream use, give them a look.  They seem to make very nice holsters, indeed.

3 comments:

OldRagDragger said...

Is it designed to take a 1911 cocked & locked?

Pawpaw said...

OldRagDragger, yeah, it is. Look at the picture.

Is there any other way to carry a 1911?

OldRagDragger said...

Buddy bought a Bianchi a while back that had a thumbreak that wouldn't accommodate a C&L 1911. He was highly annoyed! I was hoping this wasn't some new standard!