We continue to experiment with the hit sensors, trying to make a "cleaner" mount, but one built with readily available materials. So, this morning, I cut some lucite more closely to fit the box, then got a materials list together and headed to the store. First stop was Harbor Freight, where I found some little ceramic bar magnets.
Then, I came home, roughed up the lucite where the magnets will sit, then mixed up some epoxy and adhered them to the lucite.
I'll leave everything stuck to the target until the epoxy cures, then mount the sensor box between the two magnets with litle screws. Like so.
It looks like a lot cleaner installation, and I don't have to scrounge magnets out of hard-drives. If those magnets adhere properly to the lucite, I'll go down later this week and buy enough for the full range.