Monday, December 05, 2016

That's Funny, Right There!

I'm told that Castro's jeep/hearse/whatever broke down during the funeral procession and had to be pushed by his honor guard.

Mostly Cajun has pictures.

That's funny, right there, I don't care who you are.  And, it is probably a metaphor for Castro's whole revolution.

I was talking with a good friend last week, and the subject of Cuba and cigars came up.  My buddy is a bit of a cigar aficionado, and he opined that most of the good cigars these days come out of the Dominican Republic.  His view is that tobacco leaf for fine cigars takes many things, climate, care, proper soil.  With everything nationalized under Castro, the tobacco farmers suffered just as much as everyone else and as many of them that could leave, left long ago.

I have smoked Cuban cigars, and to my uneducated palate, they are nothing really to get excited about. But, I don't know if that's just my ignorance, or the state of the industry in this era.

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Nope, your palate is dead on... Cuban cigars stink today. The good ones are coming from the Cuban ex-pats that are now in the Dominican Republic!