Sunday, June 15, 2014

Good Fuel

The old lawn tractor took a dump on me Saturday.  It's a 20-year-old Murray, and it's provided good service for a long time, but I decided to hop down to Sears and see what they had.  I don't need a zero-turn, and I didn't have time for a lot of complicated wrench-bending, and it was time for a new lawnmower.  It sucks, but there it is.

I bought one of these, and the particular lawnmower doesn't matter.  The subject of this blog post is a sticker that I found on the gas tank.

Of course, we all know that ethanol gas damages small engines.  And this sticker tells us that the new E85 fuel is a no-go in that engine.

I don't use ethanol fuel in small engines.  Go to pure-gas.org and find out where to buy real gasoline for your engines.  Especially your small engines.  They'll last a lot longer.

1 comment:

Rich Jordan said...

real gasoline also provides better mileage in practically every vehicle. My Jeep picks up 1-2 MPG in town and 3-4 on the freeway when I can get real gas instead of the state mandated diluted EPA mandated 'attainment area' crap. Gasahol is yet another tax.