Friday, June 27, 2014

Friday Fatigue

Seems like every time I make plans to go on vacation, something crashes.  Two years ago, it was my home A/C unit that crashed the day before we left.  I was able to get it fixed late that afternoon and I felt truly blessed that I was able to get it done relatively cheaply.

Today, as I worked my list pending Milady and I heading out tomorrow morning, I decided to upgrade my phone.  Bad idea.  That little green Droid icon, the little robot.  You know the guy?

Yeah, him, the little bastard.  He came up on the screen and locked-the-hell up.  Couldn't turn the phone off, couldn't re-boot it, nothing.  I had some errands to run, so while I was out, I went to Best Buy who sold me the phone.  No friggin' luck.  So, I went to the Verizon store, where they piddled around for a while, told me that the phone is still in warranty, but they can't get me a phone until tomorrow at the earliest.  Just Damn.

Oh, and the Verizon store doesn't have a computer that will run the Upgrade Assistant program that comes with every Verizon phone.  Go figure.  They don't have a computer and a USB cable.  That's what the tech told me at the store.

SO, I came home, did some testing, made sure that I had a good connection, with a good USB cable, then let the Repair Assistant look at the phone.  It took about 40 minutes, but the phone booted back up, and installed the upgrades.  So, the phone is working, and I have dodged another bullet.

I'm going to mop the kitchen and take a nap.

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

THAT says a lot (or a little depending) on Verizon's quality control and store management... sigh