Sunday, May 01, 2011

Sunday Morning Dawg

I was taking pictures of the grankids yesterday and noticed that my camera wasn't focusing. The little motor inside the lens seems to have slipped a gear in autofocus mode. Well, hell. I use a Canon Digital EOS Rebel XS camera for grandkid and dawg photos, and having a camera that won't focus gets you pictures that look like this.


That ain't worth a crap. If I can't take pictures of dogs and grandkids, then there's no use to have a camera. With my eyes, the autofocus feature is absolutely mandatory. You don't want to look at life through my aging eyes. Crisp focus is crucial.

Then, I remembered the lens on my old Canon 35mm film camera. I dug it out of the camera bag and stuck it on the newfangled digital camera. Whoo-Hoo! Success.

The dog was sitting at my feet as I tinkered with the camera and I got this shot with the new camera body, old lens.


That's much better. Interestingly, the old lens fits on the new camera body, but the new lens won't fit on the old camera body. Go figure.

No comments: