Wednesday, May 04, 2011

The photos

The White House had decided against releasing photos of Osama with his head blown apart.

I think that's a good call, for several reasons. Not the least of which is that releasing the photo won't do anything to discourage the conspiracy hounds. In this age of photoshop and internet tinkering, there is no proof that will satisfy the conspiracy buffs. From what I know about bullet wounds, the photos would be pretty gruesome and there's no reason to release something like that. Photos of that nature are obscene and profane and there is no reason to have them in the public domain.

His daughter says that he was killed by US Commandos. The White House says he was killed by US Commandos. The US Navy says they dropped him in a deep hole in the Arabian Sea. That's good enough for me. I don't need to see any photos.

Good call, Mr. President. Now, go get Zawhatshisname.

1 comment:

oyster said...

Hear hear! I agree.