Friday, August 07, 2009

Punch Back

That's what the White House is telling the Democratic Senators. "Punch back twice as hard." Good advise from a President who wants to heal the divide that separates us.

Looks to me like the only people doing any punching are the SEIU labor organizers in St. Louis.

I know that health care reform is one of the keystones of the President's agenda, but demonizing the opposition isn't the answer. Nancy Pelosi recently said that she thinks that we're Nazis. I'd be outraged if it weren't so laughable, but the very idea that she considers us anything other than the vocal opposition is disturbing.

There is a corollary to Godwin's Law that says that the person who first invokes the Nazi conparison on a web forum is automatically the loser. I'm invoking that law and declaring that on health care, Nancy Pelosi is the loser. I consider her a loser anyway, but her comparison of us to the jackboots is additional evidence that she isn't fit to represent anyone, much less be the Speaker of the House. Were I a Democrat, I'd be agitating for her ouster.

It's bad enough that the Republicans self-destructed when Bush was in office. Now I'm watching the Democrats commit political suicide.

It's Friday night and I intend to get into the whiskey. We've got a big weekend planned with Saturday and Sunday booked fairly solid.

1 comment:

be603 said...

I grew up in Centralia WA and am a member of the American Legion. Maybe we haven't forgotten how to deal with commie-symp union thugs...

google Centralia Massacre and don't believe the leftist revisionist spin. Warren Grimm was a fine American and a man to follow.