Friday, August 14, 2009

Hunter Education

I've been through three Hunter Education courses with my children. I sat through the fourth one, but didn't get a certificate because the instructor and I agreed that it would be redundant. I went through the last one in about 1995.

Tonite, my grandson starts the course. He's 12 years old and that's old enough to sit through the course. He'll pay attention, because he knows that PawPaw won't understand if he fails. He already knows the Four Rules and I'm confident of his safety.

It's time to bring a new generation into the fold.

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Good on ya Paw! Bring em up right, teach them to shoot and they will never lack for food (or self protection) if necessary!

Rich Jordan said...

I still remember my Dad taking me to my hunter's safety class in Nevada. As things worked out I've never actually been hunting; my Dad changed jobs and no longer had time (or energy, or companions) to hunt by the time I was actually old enough, but I have my card and patch still. Someday.