Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Spring Break

I'm on Spring Break this week. School's out, and I'm at home without adult supervision.

Yesterday, eldest son and I went to Momma's house and did some mechanic-ing on some small engines. The log splitter and Daddy's weedeater hadn't been started in several years and we completed the necessary maintenance to get them running. We also did preventive maintenance on the emergency power generator. After we finished, eldest son used the weedeater on the banks of the pond.

Today I'm taking it easy, cooking a Weight Watcher's potato chowder. Except, I'm making a couple of changes. No barley. No thyme. And, instead of Canadian Bacon, I'm substituting cajun Tasso. Milady ran the numbers through her Weight Watcher's calculator and found that Tasso has the same point value as Canadian Bacon. Who knew you could find Fat Free Half-and-Half? Anyway, it's a great chowder and it cooks in about six hours in the crock pot.

Tomorrow I'll be watching grandkids while Momma works. It's good. It's very good. Then, late on Wednesday afternoon, Milady and I are going to the Cenla Tea Party.

Thursday, we're heading to Florida. Going to see the younger grandkid. I'm really looking forward to that trip. We're flying and I haven't flown since pre-9/11/2001. It'll be interesting to see what changes have emerged.

No, I'm not afraid of flying. I used to rappel from helicopters for fun and profit. I've flown on aircraft with web seats, often with multiple dozens of my compadres, all dressed alike and carrying firearms. I quit that foolishness when I retired the first time.

I'm really looking forward to this week.

1 comment:

Windy Wilson said...

Is fat free "Half-and-Half" called "Half"?