Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Acer Aspire One Netbook

Milady got a wild hair yesterday and we went shopping for a netbook. I had looked at them briefly over the last several months and had wondered about them. She had been doing some research and wanted to go shopping prior to the Florida trip.

We found some at Sam's Club but they were sold-out, only had the demonstrator model available. We went over to Office Depot and found the Acer Aspire One netbook. It's the 10 inch version, not the smallest of the bunch. We paid about what Amazon advertises them for at the link.

It's a little darlin'. It doesn't have a CD/DVD drive, but it does have a 160 gig hard drive and 1 gig of memory. Set up was quick and easy and she's using it for web surfing, checking email, and playing solitaire. It weighs three pounds, less than half of what my laptop weighs. It should be great for travel. I need to buy a memory stick so that we can transfer some pictures from my laptop to her little netbook.

I was amazed a computer prices while we were shopping. I bought my current laptop, an HP, about three years ago and as much as I like it, I could buy a better laptop today for less than half of what I paid for this one.

We live in the future. GPS, small portable computers. Stuff I didn't even dream about when I was a child.

No comments: