Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Christmas carols

There is a teacher at school who sings in the church choir, and is forever singing Christmas carols. Those melodies stick in my head, and I've been whistling Christmas carols all day. Evidently, the Christmas season is upon us.

Some want to turn this into the Holiday Season, and to them I say Merry Christmas.

Pawpaw will celebrate Christmas in his own way, in his own style, and the Christ child will be prominent in the festivities.

So, to all my half-dozen readers and to anyone else who might stumble upon these poor writings I say Merry Christmas. May the season of the Christ child be joyous for all of you and may the season see each of you in safe, warm, spirited quarters for the celebration.

As a matter of fact, I think that I will end each blog post, from now till the New Years with a simple closing as a way of focusing on the Christian aspect of the season.

Merry Christmas.

5 comments:

Kelly(Mom of 6) said...

Merry Christmas to you too!

Rachel said...

Merry Christmas to you as well and Happy New Year!

We are so blessed here in this country, we should be thanking God for our blessings and remembering Jesus on his day!

Anonymous said...

Hey Simon! I'm a liberal, but I sure hope Pawpaw--and you--have a great Christmas.

By the way, the main difference between a liberal and a conservative is that liberals think rich people should pay taxes too.

Anonymous said...

That's probably true, Simon. If I pay $1,000 in taxes on a $25,000 annual income, and a rich man pays $2,000 on a $1,000,000 annual income, he's paid twice as much in taxes as I did. I suppose he needs tax relief, huh?

Pawpaw said...

All right, children. Play nice.