There was some talk at the club this weekend about the M14s the CMP is going to release. Talk is that the price is going to be sub-$2000 range, and no fun switch. I carried an M14 in training and it was an okay rifle. I don't hate it, but I'm not a fan, either. It is what it is.
I also heard today that CMP is going to get a supply of M1897 trench shotguns. That might be interesting.
2 comments:
I trained in Basic with the M-1 and was issued the M-14 the next year in Germany. When I was with the 24th Div Marksmanship unit we trained to try to get single shots off in the automatic rifle matches like you could with the BAR. Finally gave up on it.
Must be a replacement trigger assembly from original. The one I was issued could be made to auto fire by breaking a wooden match stick to hold back the rear hammer hooks.
Post a Comment