Saturday, May 21, 2011

Tee shirts

I wear a tee-shirt every day. When I'm in uniform, on duty, I wear a cotton tee-shirt under my uniform. The vest is tough on tee-shirts and at the end of a shift, they're usually sweat-soaked. I know all about Under Armour. I don't like it. Personal preference. There's nothing wrong with Under Armour and lots of guys love it. I'm not one of them. I generally prefer Fruit of the Loom, but I'll wear Dickies tees when they're available.

While folding clothes this morning I notice that my tee-shirts are ragged. Holes in them. Worn out. One day next week I'll stop by the store and pick up a couple of four-packs of navy blue pocket tees. Then spend an hour cutting all the old shirts into shop rags. I usually get four shop rags from each tee-shirt. Recycling is wonderful.

2 comments:

Rivrdog said...

Shop rags AND bore-cleaning patches!

El Capitan said...

+1 on the bore patch idea. I've noticed that WallyWorld carries a bag of t-shirt scraps they sell as patches. Nice clean material, but in really odd shapes. Easier just to cut up your old shirts and make the size you need!