Tuesday, June 06, 2023

Timecutter

 I'm sure you remember this post from last week, where I talked about my lawnmower giving me a running case of the red-ass.  My mechanic son ran it on Sunday and couldn't find a problem with it.  It ran just fine. Of course it did.  

Today, I loaded it on my trailer and hauled it to his house. It runs good when he's in the seat, he may as well run it.

I went down to the local dealer and pulled the pin on a new mower.  A Toro Timecutter with the 50 inch deck.  Folks have asked me why I didn't go with a larger deck, and it's simply because I have a small tailer, and I do some mowing at the church from time to time.  It helps to be able to load the mower on the trailer.

I bought it from a local dealer rather than a big box store.  I'd rather support my local dealer and keep the money at home.  And, the local dealer has a service department.  I got a three-year warranty with the machine, and if if it breaks, I'm going to haul tit o the dealer and tell them, "Fix it."  If the dealer gives me any hassle, I'm going to call my old buddy, who I went to high school with  and ask him why his grand daughter isn't honoring my warrant. I don't think I'll have any problems.

It's a good looking machine, has great reviews, and should serve me well.

It has that nice Kawasaki engine and a welded deck.  I think I am going to be happy with it.

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

That's a nice rig!

Anonymous said...

Awesome. Those Kawasakis are good engines. Make sure to use the right kind of oil in them (zinc added, higher temp rating than conventional oil).