Sunday, June 18, 2023

Jefferson Ocean

 I made out like a bandit today.  Three of my four kids live locally and were able to come by for lunch.  I got a bottle of Glenlivet, a gaudy shirt that I simply have to war to church, and a bottle of Jefferson's Ocean. Jefferson's Ocean is a bourbon that in the cask, they load onto a ship and send it on a voyage.  The idea is that the differing temps and weather conditions, along with the natural motion of the ship, imparts a distinct set of flavors to each voyage batch.  And, they give you a card on the botttle that tells where the bourbon has been.



I talked to all my kids today, had a wonderful SUnday with good food and good company.  Today was a wonderful day.

7 comments:

Matthew W said...

That's a great day !!

Judy said...

I used to get a card for my dad about all the ways he had molded my character, which ended with the line 'Happy Father's Day, from Old Moldy'.  It always brought a chuckle from him.  Between him and Mom, I didn't stand a chance!  I do miss him, even if we drove each other crazy when I was a teenager.

juvat said...

Happy Birthday?

MissChelle said...

Where is the pic of the shirt? 🤣🤣

Anonymous said...

You will have to do a report on taste of bourbon.

Old NFO said...

Congratulations, sir!

Anonymous said...

I'm curious where on the ship the barrels are stored, since that would affect conditions like temperature, sun, salt water, etc.
I assume somewhere deep inside, not on the deck...