Monday, June 12, 2023

Busy Weekend

 Belle and I had a busy weekend.  Saturday morning early, we loaded a range into the van and a pickup truck, and headed to Jeana, LA where we were invited to give a Fast Draw demonstration at Wild Horse Ministries.  Wild Horse Ministries is a Christian organization that ministers to the rural community.  They were able to show us some things, and we were able to show them some things, and we spent time in fellowship and expanding the Kingdom of God.  It was a great day.

Yesterday, as is our practice, we cooked a big lunch for the family.  Meatloaf, oven-roasted potatoes, and lima beans, along with homemade bread.  It was a meal fit for a king.

Next Sunday is Father's Day, and I admit that I'm not enthused.  I lost my Dad in 2007. And, I'm at a stage in my life where if I want something, I figure out a way to buy it.  All I want for my kids is that they be healthy, productive, and independent.  As far as I can tell, we have that. For me, Fathers Day is every day.

As for today, I don't have anything planned.  I'll piddle around in the shop.  Maybe sort through the electronics we used this weekend, and clean off my work table. I plan to make this an easy day.

No comments: