Wednesday, June 28, 2023

I Disagree

 Sitting here in the AC, watching silly YouTube video, I stumbled across a couple of video that are talking about the Bud Lite boycott.  Calling it a boycott.  I disagree.

Light beer is a commodity, virtually indistinguishable from another.  One light beer is pretty much like all the rest.  When the Bud LIght disaster started,  it was a boycott.  After a couple of weeks, the customer base had shifted.  Now, the best selling three brands are Coors Light, Miller Lite, and Modelo.

Transheuser-Busch screwed up and alienated their customer base.  Pure and simple.  But, the boycott is over.  The demand curve shifted downward.  That is on them, not on the consumer.  There is no boycott, people have simply moved away from the brand.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good point.
It also wasn't organized to the extent a boycott is.
I wonder how many of the people who moved on discovered that what they moved to was better. If this was so, Bud was only hanging on from inertia and this just hastened it's fall.
I don't like beer so I have no skin in the game.
Jonathan

Glypto Dropem said...

My brother in law has been a Bud and Bud Light consumer for decades. He got mad at me a couple of weeks ago when I pointed out he was drinking "queer beer." Apparently he has been hearing the same kind of thing from other people, too.

Anonymous said...

'Tranny fluid' is another one they hate!