Saturday, May 28, 2016

The Long Gun

My son took up leather working several years ago, and the quality of his work is increasing by leaps and bounds.  He presented me with a new long gun rig last night.  He lives in Baton Rouge and came up to see us for the weekend.  While we had talked about the long gun rig, and I had seen pictures of it, I hadn't yet been able to coon-finger it, to touch it, or even know if it fit me.

He brought it with him last night and I am blown away.


I am very pleased.  Very pleased indeed.  If fits like it is supposed to fit, it feels like it is supposed to feel, it's made of very good leather, and the detail work is magnificent.  The badge holder is a nice touch.  I talked about the rig two weeks ago, and it comes with a hand-forged knife with sheath, and a set of leather cuffs.  It's a very nice rig for our game.  It's based, of course, on the California pattern, or Slim Jim (if you prefer).

Milady and I will be going to the range in another hour, and I'll be trying to figure out my draw.  It looks like I'm going to have fun with this.  Thanks, son!

2 comments:

The Displaced Louisiana Guy said...

Glad you like it, PawPaw!

Retired Spook said...

Still never going to forgive you for that Turnbull Vaquero!!!