Saturday, July 06, 2013

Saturday Stuff

Recently, I ordered two Safariland 6378 ALS holsters from Cops Plus.  They came in yesterday.  In today's mail came a package from Amazon.com that included some of Safariland's ALS Guards.  This ALS Guard is a little device that shields the ALS lever and increases the holster from Level 1 to Level II..  I just installed them and I'm going through the familiarization on them, with both my SW M&P and my 1911.  So far, so good.  I'll review them at a later date, but once I get the hang of these little devices I believe I'll like them a lot. 

Anytime you can increase the retention level of your holster, and you can do it intelligently, that's a good thing.  The one thing to watch for is that you don't make the pistol too hard to get out of the holster.  A pistol that's stuck in it's holster is almost worthless.  Still, these devices seem to be very well made, ergonomic, with good affordance.  With the ALS Guard in place, the holsters work a lot like the Model 6360 that I carry on my duty belt, with the same muscle memory for releasing the firearm.  That a good thing as I don't have to learn another system.

In other news, I've got a brisket cooking for the family's bi-weekly gathering tonite.  The patio has been swept, folks are calling asking what they can bring, and all that's left to do is to clear the refuse off the dining room table so that we can entertain.

It's just about time for a nap.  Y'all have a great Saturday, and I'll catch up with you tomorrow.

No comments: