Monday, July 23, 2012

The Aurora Killer

I understand that the red-headed sonofabitch has had his first court hearing and is back in jail. Good. I understand that our President will not speak his name, and I agree with the President on that single issue. There is no reason to know the name of evil and the red-headed sonofabitch is evil.

I was reading Victor Davis Hanson, and I agree with him (and the President) that our focus on the perpetrator should be simply enough that we try him, convict him and punish him.
I don’t care a whit whether the Aurora killer was a loner. I don’t care if he was unhappy or if he was on medication. Millions share such pathologies without killing a mouse. I don’t even know whether giving him swift justice will deter the next mass shooter. Yes, give the suspect expert legal counsel; call in all the psychiatrists imaginable; sequester the jury; ensure the judge is a pillar of jurisprudence; but if he is found guilty, I would prefer the gallows and quickly so, to remind us that we live in a civilization that prefers to remember the victims and to remember nothing at all of their killer.
The sooner the red-headed sonofabitch is convicted and punished, the better for all of us.


Warlock Sundance said...

hell yeah AND AMEN....

Anonymous said...

Howdy! Someone in my Facebook group shared this website with
us so I came to look it over. I'm definitely loving the information. I'm bookmarking and will be tweeting
this to my followers! Fantastic blog and brilliant design.
my page > Tampa divorce attorneys