Sunday, June 10, 2012

Sunday Morning Dawg

It's summer in Louisiana and afternoon temps have been hovering in the upper 90s.  Something the weather-weenies call the RealFeel or the heat index is well over 100 degrees.  It's hot, okay?  The dog has his water frizbee on the deck and seems to prefer drinking from that red frizbee.  One day this week, I was near his frizbee and had some ice in a cup, so I poured the ice into the cup.

The dog looked at me like I had lost my mind, but then decided to try it.

Oh, that's not bad at all.

I'll have to remember to add a little ice to his outside water in the afternoon.  It'll be a special treat.

3 comments:

Gerry N. said...

My Pitbull, Bella loves ice cubes. You can hear her crunch 'em a quarter mile away. She always looks a bit surprised when they're gone though.

Anonymous said...

I've Taught most every dog I've had that ice cubes are treats.... same as a milk bone... they agree since it must be special .. you got it outta the same place you get all of your food after all.

Cheap, Easy and great for those hot days.

Anonymous said...

I have 4 chocolate labs. Three of them love ice cubes and will gobble them down. The fourth, Goose, looks at me like "is that the best you can do? Frozen water? Ya gotta have some meat somewhere!" However, if they are ice cubes straight from my drink, she loves them. Stay cool, PawPaw. 90+ in Wisconsin today!