Friday, June 29, 2012

Obama's First Executive Privilege?

There is some question now whether this is the first time that President Obama has claimed executive privilege to protect Eric Holder.  I heard about it on the Dennis Miller show today during my afternoon drive and when I got home, a quick Google led me to this article.

There are two possibilities in this case, ultimately: Obama asserted executive privilege in 2009 for Holder to help him cover up his past, or Holder incorrectly claimed he didn’t have “authority” to testify about something when he did.

Interesting tidbit, and I'm wondering why the news media's reporters don't Google something as simple as 2009 executive privilege.  Oh, that's right, this is the media I'm talking about.

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Yep, another 'inconvenient' truth... sigh