Saturday, June 16, 2012

At the Auction

Milady and I went to the auction last night.  Every Friday night, starting at 6:30 pm, the Auction Barn on Military Highway in Pineville holds a rather eclectic auction.  Tools, jewelry, furniture, antiques, collectibles, coins, you name it, if they can make a dollar on it, they've got it.  Many times we go and I buy nothing, or if I know that a family member or the church needs something, I'll look and bid.

Last night I was sitting on the bench, visiting with friends, and a tool kit came up for auction.  The auctioneer told us that he couldn't vouch that the kit was complete, but it was a Craftsman mechanics set and that it was heavy.  The bidding commenced and I put my hat in the air, won the kit for $35.00.



I brought it home, and this morning sorted through it.  Half-inch, three-eights, and quarter-inch, 6-point and 8-point, it was a jumbled mess.  In about an hour I had it sorted.  It's billed as a Craftsman, 137 pc set.  It's missing a 1/2 inch wrench, a 10mm wrench, and the driver handle.  Not bad for $35.00.

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Yep, you done good on that one! :-)