Thursday, June 03, 2010

Nosler Plant Fire

It's seems that the Nosler plant in Bend, Oregon had a fire and explosion yesterday.
BEND, Ore. -- A massive explosion at an ammunition plant sent shock waves through southwest Bend Wednesday afternoon, but a quick evacuation helped save all 100 workers inside. Now, investigators are trying to figure out what happened

It all happened around 2:15 p.m. inside the 22-year-old, 80,000-square-foot Nosler Inc. building on SW Columbia St. near Simpson Avenue.
Everyone got out safely and investigators are seeking the cause.

Nosler is one of my favorite bullet manufacturers. I made an order last week and two boxes of bullets I ordered were Nosler Ballistic Tip bullets.

I hope they're able to get everyone back to work soon.

3 comments:

Flintlock Tom said...

I learned from the article that Nosler also makes rifles.
I never knew that, but they look like a fine, high-end, product.
Happy to hear that they had an evac plan in place, and it worked.

Rivrdog said...

Can't wait to see what this does to the price of reloading components. Do you suppose that the reloading industry has had it's eye on the oil industry?

J said...

From what I read this shouldn't heavily impact Nosler's ability to get bullets out the door. Let's hope I read correctly. Nosler bullets are the 10 to which the others strive to reach. Opening a box of Noslers is like opening a box of golden jewels. Were I a rich man, they're all I would shoot. But since I'm just good lookin' and not rich, I shoot Hornadys when perfection isn't needed.