Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Jewelry

It's been my experience that some folks like jewelry, and that's okay. If you've got a few extra bucks and you want to spend it on something a little flashy, good for you. I had one co-worker years ago who spent a chunk of change on a Rolex watch. It looked good on him. Gave him a certain elegance that the ladies seemed to appreciate. That feminine appreciation waned quickly once they spent a few minutes talking with him, but that a whole 'nuther story.

It's also my experience that the ladies I know like a little flash. Something to commemorate an event, like an anniversary, or Christmas, or a birthday.

Back in my single days, I met a lady and asked her out. I showed up at the front door wearing a signet ring. You remember signet rings. It just happened to fit on my left-hand ring finger and she refused to go anywhere with me until I removed that ring. She told me she didn't care where else I wore it, but she wouldn't be seen with a man who wore a ring on the third finger, left hand. Fine. I took the ring off and dropped it in my pocket.

Some of this crap is just getting silly.
Harold Thompson, who has been divorced twice and lives in Wilmington, N.C., is a founder of the D Jewelry Company, which sells divorce rings online. Its tag line: “Building self-esteem one person at a time.”
Hey, look, if you need a ring on your finger for self-esteem, then you've probably got more problems than most people want to deal with. Get a tee-shirt that says "Stay Away, I've got more baggage than a Pullman cart!".

No comments: