Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Stevens Model 62 - In comments

I was moderating comments yesterday and found a comment about a magazine. I approved it then had to go back and find it in the original posting because I thought it deserved an answer. The comment was on this post back in 2005 and comes from a young anonymous poster:
im only 15 years old but i too am tired of all day work of loading that darn magazine time and time agin. and i cant find a place to buy a new one does any one know where i can find one at?
Yeah, son, I do. You can find them at Wal-Mart. I've bought three or four there, in the sporting good section. Any good gunsmith ought to be able to find a couple of magazines for you. Look on the racks at Academy or your local sporting goods store and see if you don't find those magazines there.

Reloading magazines can be time consuming, but it's part of shooting. When you shoot the gun dry, you've got to reload. However, if you learn something from every shot, you'll find that the magazine reload gives you time to think about your target and your technique.

I'm glad you found my posting and glad you took time to ask. The Savage Model 62 is a find little rifle for lots of rimfire tasks and should serve you well for many years. Thanks for reading PawPaw's House and if you have any more questions, come on back.

No comments: