Monday, March 02, 2009

Gun Rights in D.C.

Senator David Vitter sent me an email telling me that he had co-sponsored a measure that was amended to a bill that would restore the gun rights of D.C. residents.

It passed the US Senate, 62-36. Great. It goes to the House now. If I'm reading this bill right, when it passes, all you'll need to buy an AR in our capital is the money and a 4473. Just like almost everywhere else in the nation.

It'll be interesting to see who opposes it. After Holder's gaffe last week, it'll be really interesting to see who opposes it.

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Heh- Heard about that today, and yes, it's gonna be interesting! No media coverage up here of it either... strange???

ASM826 said...

I found your blog because someone on Cast Boolits linked to a post you made about putting wet wheel weights in a hot pot full of lead.

I have spent a fair amount of time looking at your archives this evening. It nice to feel like I'm not the only man left in America that believes in the Constitution.

I've bookmarked your site and I'll be back.