Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Alabama and Germany

My wife and I both have family in Alabama, and indeed one of my grandchildren was born in Birmingham, AL.

By now we've all heard of the horrific shootings that occurred there yesterday and we've all read the conflicting reports as the police and the news media try to get the story right.

And we've heard of the horrific school shooting in Germany, where a former student went into a school and murdered several people.

Both of these incidents are tragedies of the first order and I have no compulsion to dance in the blood of the victims. Mothers in both incidents are crying tonight, trying to make sense out of what is a senseless tragedy.

The anti-gunners are already ramping up the outrage. The Brady Bunch is timely off-the-mark with a call for more gun control laws. (They get no links from me, the worthless bastards.)

My question to them is a simple one. If rigid gun control laws prevent such shootings as the one that occurred in Alabama, how is it that such a thing occurred in Germany? How did the rigid laws in Germany prevent that tragedy?

My thoughts and prayers go out to the survivors of each incident.

No comments: