Tuesday, March 31, 2009

My Truck is fixed

I got my truck back today from the body shop. I had been in a fender-bender on March 6th and I've been driving a rental. While a new Ford F-150 is a good truck with a lot to recommend it, it wasn't my truck.

I'll have to buy a new pickup eventually, but right now mine is running good, the body is repaired and I don't have a truck note. I can drive it like I own it.

Pickup guys know what I'm talking about. I felt like I had to baby the rental. Now I'm back in my pickup and life is better. Lots better. Later this evening I'll get out and stow everything I normally carry. It's in boxes in the garage.

It's amazing the amount of stuff I normally carry in my pickup.

5 comments:

Old NFO said...

Yea! I HATE rentals...

Castr8t said...

I bought a new Ram a few months ago, trading in a four door Dakota. They still don't make a truck that will hold everything I "need" to have. Maybe I should have sprung some extra bucks and got the bedside storage bins. The real problem is that I can't buy what I want; I've got to take some package deal designed by an as- ,er, guy sitting in a cubicle that probably has no idea how a truck is used.

There went the blood pressure!

Hobie said...

I have to "cleanse" my truck before the wife drives it to school (she teaches) and parks on the property. Amazing how much stuff has to come out of the thing. However, when I visit her I just park off campus and walk another 30 feet.

Anonymous said...

I have a 13 year old Z-71 that has served me well, it is dependable. I don't hesitate in hauling whatever I want or going where I want. Last week I bought a new Dodge after researching Chevy and Ford. The truck is so fine. I went through inventory at several dealers until I found exactly what I wanted. I kept the Chevy, I now have a bumming around truck and a dress up truck. Deacon

Anonymous said...

I have a '92 F150 Extended cab with the full box. Three weeks after I bought it, the engine blew. I had a shiny new exact replacement engine put in which doubled the price from $3000 to $6000. That was three years ago. I now have less than 12K on a 17 yr old pickup in nearly new condition. I figure it will last my lifetime. I was upset at first, but now I see it as a blessing. It's paid for, runs like a fine watch, and is everything I want in a pickup. All i need to do is feed it gasoline, change the oil every 5K miles and have the rest of the maintainance done by a good friend who's also a fine mechanic in business for himself. Got lucky, I did.
Gerry N.