Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Xavier's Challenge

Xavier wants pictures of carry pieces.

Well, here are two of my favorites. The top, a Kimber 1911 is my duty piece that sometimes does journeyman duty in a belt-slide. This pistol has been with me for two years and has never bobbled a single piece of ammo. Dependability is its watchword.



The bottom revolver is a Smith Model 60. I've had this piece for over 20 years. When I was plainclothes it spent a lot of time in a Don Hume pancake holster. Nowadays it rides with me on the motorcycle or in the front seat of the pickup truck. It is nearly always within reach.

One day last year, during a chilly outing, I offered my lady my jacket. Her face bewildered just for a moment, then she put her hand into the right pocket. "If we need this, I'll use it." she said. I just smiled.

1 comment:

trainer said...

I took my Model 36 and mated it with a Model 60. It's the revolver I posted on at Xaviers Thoughts.

Eventually it gets engraved with "DAD" and goes to the daughter.