Sunday, April 09, 2006

Off duty

Sometimes there ain't no thing. I was reading this post over at the Law Dog's and looked down at what I am wearing. Blue Jeans, and a green T-Shirt is my basic off-duty attire. Why a green T-shirt? Our uniforms are green and the Sheriff insists that we wear a green T-Shirt underneath the uniform.... That's not totally correct. We could wear a pink tee if we wanted to, but the Boss doesn't want to see any color but green on the uniform. Pink Vee-necked would be all right. As long as it doesn't show.

Like the Law Dog, I keep my duty rig on a hook in the laundry room. If the Boss calls, I can be suited up and gone in five minutes.

Anyway, I own a lot of green Tee-shirts. Probably twenty of them. I've got six still in the plastic wrapper from a sale I caught at K-Mart a couple of months ago.

One morning recently, I was off-duty and got out of bed, pulled on a Tee shirt, and wandered in to the living room. My eldest grandson had spent the night and he was watching TV. "Pawpaw! What are you doing in that white shirt"

"Well, tiger, I needed a tee shirt, so I grabbed this one."

"No, Pawpaw. You're supposed to wear green tee shirts, all the time. My Pawpaw wears green tee-shirts."

I turned around and walked back into the bedroom.

No comments: