Saturday, April 01, 2006

No Flag at School

I was reading Michelle Malkin, who linked to this article on CBS News. It seems some students are proudly waving the American flag and getting suspended for it
.(CBS/AP) Dozens of high school students protested a temporary school policy forbidding students from displaying the U.S. flag, as well as flags from other countries, amid racial tensions following immigration rallies.

Skyline High School Principal Tom Stumpf said American flags were brazenly waved in the faces of Hispanic students and in one case a Mexican flag was thrown into the face of another student.
Tom Stumpf is an idiot. I don't know how else to say it.

Let me see if I get this right: Mexicans are agitating for a return to something called Aztlan. American students wave the flag. The American students get suspended. Sounds like Tom Stumpf is a total idiot.
Student Dustin Carlson told Denver station KCNC-TV that he was suspended for two days.

"I'm getting suspended for it and personally I think that's uncalled for," he said. "If this country means freedom, then why can't we fly our own flag? It's ridiculous."
I agree, Dustin. I agree.

However, the last time I looked, advocating for the overthrow of the US Government was called treason. I'm sure that Colorado has such a statute. I know Lousiana has one. It is illegal to advocate the overthrow of the state government. Do you think the Mexican students were suspended? The article is ominously quiet on that score.

Tom Stumpf needs to be taken out and horsewhipped. Don't they have any rails in Longmont? Any tar? Any feathers? Sounds to me like the good residents of Longmont Colorado need to take care of business.

No comments: