Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Louisiana Covid Update

On this gorgeous Wednesday afternoon, we turn to the Louisiana Dept of Health to see how many of our neighbors have been affected by the Wuhan virus.  The case count stands at 21,951, which is 433 higher than yesterday.  Our death toll is currently 1103. which means that 90 souls have been added to the count.  We have 1943 of our neighbors in the hospital which is 34 less than yesterday.

We are told that the death count sometimes lags, which I don't understand.  We are also told that they're counting everyone who dies, who might have been affected by the corona virus.  I suspect that if I were infected with a mild case, and got run over by a garbage truck, I"d be counted as a Covid death.

I cranked the lawnmower this morning and mowed the lawn.  That is a solitary chore, but it felt good to be out in the sun and the fresh air.

The news what I've heard this morning, is all about getting past this and opening the economy.  Our governor is spreading gloom and doom, because he's a petty tyrant, deserving of our utter contempt.

No comments: