Friday, December 06, 2019

The Pour

Belle and I went to a Christmas party last night.  A commercial Christmas party, where a business is thanking friends and customers.  Very toney and exclusive.  And, I was decidedly out of place.  But, they had an open bar.  So, I wandered over.

Here lately, I've been drinking more whiskey neat.  No ice, no water, just the whiskey.  I still drink with mixers, but I've been exploring whiskey lately, and when I find something I've never tried, I like it neat, to explore the whiskey.

I don't care how you drink your whiskey, because the best way to drink whiskey is the way you like to drink it.  I love bourbon and coke, but I also like to linger over a nice neat whiskey.  Either way is okay.  But, bartenders locally don't serve much neat whiskey.  It confuses them, and I get it.  It's okay. 

So, last night I asked for a neat whiskey and had to tell the bartender that all I wanted was some whiskey (in this case, Glenfiddich 12) in a glass.  So, he poured Glenfiddich 12 into a glass.


That's about four ounces of whiskey.  A very generous pour.  And I tipped him generously.  And, I knew that after that one, I was done drinking until I got home.  The rest of the evening was water or diet Coke.

The Glenfiddich was very nice.  I may have to pick up a bottle for my own collection.

3 comments:

juvat said...

You have excellent taste, my Friend. Glenfiddich 12 is VERY good.

Peripatetic Engineer said...

That is my "go to" as most restaurants carry that as their single malt option.

Old NFO said...

Yep, that is a good Scotch!