Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Bulleit Rye

Wandering through the grocers today and I happened upon a bottle of Bulleit Rye on the discount shelf.  I like Bulleit Bourbon and needed a bottle of rye to put on the server, so I picked it up (considerably under $25.00).

I have had high-rye bourbons and some rye whiskeys, but this one promised a mash bill of 95% rye and 5% malted barley, so I dropped it in the buggy.  When I got home, I opened it and poured a wee dram, to chase away the cold.

Lovely, simply lovely.  It had the spice of rye, but it wasn't aggressive like some rye whiskey.  At 45% ABV (90 poof), it had a nice "Kentucky hug".  I'm not sure what else I was finding in the glass, but it went down like branch water.

Link to the website here.  I rather like it a lot.  I may have found antoerh sipping whiskey for the winter months.

2 comments:

Bob said...

Redemption is another high-rye whiskey that has a fine reputation, if you happen to see it.

Javahead said...

Good stuff. I’ve got an open bottle now; it’s what I use for making a Rye Sazerac. I haven’t made one for a while - now I know what I want to drink tonight.