Friday, May 24, 2019

Retail Politics

The Sheriff's race is gathering steam ad I'm involved with retail politics.  One on one, shaking hands and asking or votes.    Because I'm po-folks, I haven't spent a lot of money on signs.  I have some yard signs, ad I've handing those out, but the big signs that require carpentry and paint simply aren't inn my budget.  I'm not going to spend $100 on one sign and wished that I had 50 signs.

I did order some post cards with my logo on front and my platform on the back.  I carry a stack of those with me, and hand them out when I'm talking to people.  Those are remarkably effective, and I've handed out a bunch of them.  They cost me about a dime apiece.

And, I"m hitting them hard on  Facebook.  Facebook ads are remarkably frugal.  I've spent about $200 over the last 60 days  to reach over 10,000 people.  That is about 2 cents apiece to show up on your phone or tablet.  That's cheap advertising.  My campaign page is here.  Go over and give it a look.

It's early yet, but I saw a poll earlier this week, and I was running dead-last.  But, I am reminded that the polls showed Donald Trump running last, both in the primary ad the general election.  All the pollsters were convinced he was going to lose, right up till the minute he won.   So, I don't put much stock in polls.  The only poll that matters is the one on October 12th.

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Look on the bright side, you can ONLY go up! :-)