Thursday, May 16, 2019

Prayer and Practice

After my Gosh-awful day, I needed to go to a place where God's word would be heard, so about sundown I went over to the church.

I started the morning at the DMV, which is enough to make anyone lose their religion.  Came home and ran a chainsaw for a bit, trimming an oak tree so that I could mow under it.  Got out the lawn mower and had trouble keeping it running.  Stuck it twice in a muddy ditch, and when on the other side o the house, got too close to the central air unit and slid it off it's pad.  Put the AC unit back on the bad and called the AC guy to service it.  AC guy said he'd be there shorty.

Called second son, my mechanic, who is an expert on small engines. He said he'd come by after work.  AC guy showed up about 4:30, told me I hadn't really hurt anything, but gave the AC unit a springtime servicing and let me write him a check for his work.

Second son came over, ad we started diagnosing the lawnmower.  He asked for some needle-nose pliers and I went to gt them.  Came around the corner and saw flames, actual flames coming from under the dashboard of the mower.  I'm no mechanic, but I believe flames are bad.  My mechanic thinks so too.  We have some re-wiring to do, as soon as he researches the original problem.  We'll get to the bottom of it, but not tonight.

Belle got home and we poured an aperitif.  I told her about my day, and told her I was going to the church to help with Prayer and Practice.  I changed shirts and went over.  Found my church buddies and told them about my day.  One good friend pointed at the full moon and told me that was the problem.  Some of the horses were skittish because everything is weird on a full moon.

Our church is a Cowboy Church, and yes, we have horses.  And a rodeo arena.  And during the middle of the practice, we stop and listen to a word of gospel.

Brother Perry, our arena master, delivering he Word of God from horseback.
Home now, and safe.  Everything is good, the house is cool, and the mechanical problems will be solved in good time.  Like I tell the dawg every morning, "It's going to be all right.".

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Some days you’re the windshield, some days you’re the bug... Sounds like this was your ‘bug’ day...