Thursday, September 27, 2018

Watching the Hearing

I watched the hearing today.  It was a tear-jerker, with Dr. Ford coming forth as a compelling witness.  What was most compelling to me is that she testified that she asked for anonymity, and sent her letter to only three offices.  1 - her attorney, 2 - her member of Congress and 3 - Senator Feinstein.  She only decided to come forward when reporters started ambushing her at work and at home.

Which begs the question; who leaked it to the press?  I doubt that the attorney leaked it, which leaves her member of Congress or Feinstein.  Both, I'm sure, will deny it.  It there is anything for the FBI to investigate, that might be a good place to start.

Democrats are scurrilous. They are truly pissed that Trump is president, and they don't want him to make anymore Supreme Court nominations.  They will do everything in their power to stop him.  So, for political expediency, they drag Dr. Ford and Judge Kavanaugh through the mud.

Scurrilous, I tell you.  Simply disgraceful.

5 comments:

Eaton Rapids Joe said...

Thank-you for writing about this. You have a good head on your shoulders and I trust your weather-eye.

We live in interesting times.

The Displaced Louisiana Guy said...

I watched a good bit of the hearing today too. My take-away? I can't believe the restraint that Kavanaugh showed. If it was me repeatedly defending myself against the same, continual character assassinations... I would have come across that desk a while back and attempted to give some of those senators an ass-beating. He obviously has a level head and a mind for impartial jurisprudence to (at his absolute worst) do no more than slightly raise his voice occasionally and speak tersely.

Dave said...

Here's what I think:

1) Dr. Ford was probably sexually assaulted at a party sometime when she was in high school.

2) Dr. Ford truly believes Brett Kavanaugh was involved.

3) Dr. Ford is wrong in her belief. Here I will note that all of the witnesses she named say no such thing ever happened in their presence.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/09/cognitive-science-false-memories-more-common-than-you-think/

Why Dr. Ford believes Brett Kavanaugh assaulted her, I have no idea.

Question that occurs to me: Has anyone found any single person who can say that Ford and Kavanaugh ever actually met during the time frame under discussion? That they were ever actually at the same place at the same time, and when and where that was, and what was going on?

Old NFO said...

If the Dems really wanted an FBI investigation, they could have ordered it. They sent the letter to the FBI, who said it was not investigatable, due to lack of specifics. The committee has been conducting an investigation using in house investigators, but the Dems have REFUSED to participate! This is all about delaying past November.

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure it was one of the Democrat staffers. The media can easily be questioned who was the leaker but they will say confidential source and won't reveal. Clearly, it was not an accident - Ford should hold them accountable.