Saturday, September 01, 2018

Finally PC

It seems that I'm finally politically correct.  After years of dumb, uneducated, deep South redneck hick, stubbornly clinging to my Bible and my guns, it seems that the language police have come around to my way of thinking.

I shit you not.  The southern second-person-plural "y'all" is now the gender neutral preferred term for indicating a group of people.  Yeah, really.
I’ve heard that people weirdly hesitate to use the word because they would feel like culture vultures, appropriating either black slang or the language of the South. And yet this is one of the only words where that kind of hesitation seems to hold any sway... If anybody gets defensive over white northerners using  y’all, it’s most likely because those same white northerners teased them for using it in the past.
So, look, I"m glad y'all are finally coming around to my way of thinking.  It's for us for generations.  You're welcome.

No comments: