Monday, September 03, 2018

Monday Training

Because I'm not physically at work today, I decided to spend it cleaning up a bunch of online training I'm responsible for.  Louisiana POST council certifies training for peace officers in the state, and more of that is done online lately, except for some things that can't be done online, like firearms training and defensive tactics practicals.

I got started this morning and spent about seven (7) hours online. exploring such topics as Ethics, Sexual Harassment, Sexual Assault, and several modules on Domestic Violence.    I think that I'm through, but I'll have to cal the training gurus at my agency tomorrow and make sure that I've done everything that is required of me.

During lunch, Belle and I went out to the shop, heated up the Blackstone grill and made some Spanish Omelets.  Three eggs each, with ham, cheese, and salsa inside.


That big grill cooks omelets in a hurry.  You'd best have all your ingredients at hand when you get stared, or you'll run out of time in a hurry.

After lunch, I came back inside ad finished the ordeal of online training.  It's not much of a labor day holiday, but it was raining outside, so at least I made use of the time.

2 comments:

Dave said...

How does it compare to the big grill/griddle in an Army chow hall?

I remember a cook at our Bde DFAC when I was an LT, he could effectively cook as many omelettes and fried eggs as he could fit on the cooking surface. And he was just a PFC.

Jonathan H said...

Is it worth using the grill for just one or 2 people?