Sunday, March 04, 2018

Surprise, Surprise

For the last couple of months, I've been seeing US Postal trucks (the little mail delivery vehicles) moving around on Sundays.  I thought that was odd, because we don't normally get mail delivery on Sunday.

Last week I ordered a knife, and Amazon told me that it was scheduled for delivery on Sunday.  Sure enough, it hit my mailbox today and a mail carrier delivered it.  The US Postal Service must have a contract with Amazon.

At any rate, it's a nice little knife, a Kershaw Cyro.  It's a bit smaller and a lot less bulky than the knives I've been carrying around.


The thumb lever that opens the blade is an integral part f the blade metal and forms a nice finger guard when the knife is open.  I have a hunch I'm really going to like this little knife, and I'll use it a while before I decide if I want to move the pocket clip.  I generally like to carry a knife in the point-up position when the knife is closed, so I'm pretty sure that pocket clip is going to be moved.

2 comments:

DaveS said...

Looks like a nice little everyday knife. Totally agree with the point up clip position - it makes it easy to get the knife out and quickly have the blade available without any additional fumbling around. Hope it serves you well.

Gaffer said...

You're right about a contract between the USPS and Amazon. Our local carrier told me recently that the post office has a separate delivery group just for Amazon deliveries.