Saturday, April 30, 2016

Stolen from Angel

I stole this picture from Angel.  It reminds me of a conversation I had several years ago.

I was standing on a corner, in uniform, watching some crowd disperse after an event.  Some dude approached me and asked if I supported LGBT.

"Sure do," I told him.  "Best damn sandwich I ever had."

He looked at me funny, so I continued.  "First ate one in Vah Horn, TX.  It was a sandwich with lettuce, guacamole, bacon and tomato.  I still remember how good that sandwich was."

He wandered off, muttering to himself.  I still think it's a great sandwich.

2 comments:

Grog said...

chuckling, some people just don't appreciate sarcasm. ;)

Judy said...

Yes! Love that response, I will have to remember it.

Mine is the word 'gay'. I was taught the word means 'happy'. So when someone use the word 'gay' around me, they get the response, "I'm so glad they are happy."